Sunday, March 21, 2010

Grammar Chants

Prepositions of Time At and On
Teacher/Leader: At, onClass/Group: At, on
Teacher/Leader: at - with timeClass/Group: at - with time
Teacher/Leader: on - with daysClass/Group: on - with days
Teacher/Leader: We eat at eight.Class/Group: We eat at eight.
Teacher/Leader: We meet on Mondays.Class/Group: We meet on Mondays.
Teacher/Leader: She leaves at five.Class/Group: She leaves at five.
Teacher/Leader: They play on Saturdays.Class/Group: They play on Saturdays.
Teacher/Leader: At, onClass/Group: At, on
Teacher/Leader: at - with timeClass/Group: at - with time
Teacher/Leader: on - with daysClass/Group: on - with days
Prepositions of Time In and At
Teacher/Leader: In, atClass/Group: In, at
Teacher/Leader: in - with months and yearsClass/Group: in - with months and years
Teacher/Leader: at - with timeClass/Group: at - with time
Teacher/Leader: He was born in March.Class/Group: He was born in March.
Teacher/Leader: They lived here in 2001.Class/Group: They lived here in 2001.
Teacher/Leader: When shall we meet?Class/Group: When shall we meet?
Teacher/Leader: Let's meet at two.Class/Group: Let's meet at two.
Teacher/Leader: When do they leave?Class/Group: When do they leave?
Teacher/Leader: They leave at six.Class/Group: They leave at six.
Teacher/Leader: In, atClass/Group: In, at
Teacher/Leader: in - with months and yearsClass/Group: in - with months and years
Teacher/Leader: at - with timeClass/Group: at - with time
Prepositions of Place In and On
Teacher/Leader: In, onClass/Group: In, on
Teacher/Leader: in - rooms, spaces and linesClass/Group: in - rooms, spaces and lines
Teacher/Leader: On - islands, surfacesClass/Group: On - islands, surfaces
Teacher/Leader: in a rowClass/Group: in a row
Teacher/Leader: on the wallClass/Group: on the wall
Teacher/Leader: He waits in the line.Class/Group: He waits in the line.
Teacher/Leader: We stayed on Maui.Class/Group: We stayed on Maui.
Teacher/Leader: They work in that room.Class/Group: They work in that room.
Teacher/Leader: That book on the table.Class/Group: That book on the table.
Teacher/Leader: Those trees in the park.Class/Group: Those trees in the park.
Teacher/Leader: Those pictures on the wall.Class/Group: Those pictures on the wall.
Teacher/Leader: In, onClass/Group: In, on
Teacher/Leader: in - rooms, spaces and linesClass/Group: in - rooms, spaces and lines
Teacher/Leader: On - islands, surfacesClass/Group: On - islands, surfaces
Prepositions of Place At and On
Teacher/Leader: In, atClass/Group: In, at
Teacher/Leader: in a spaceClass/Group: in a space
Teacher/Leader: at a placeClass/Group: at a place
Teacher/Leader: in a space - in the roomClass/Group: in a space - in the room
Teacher/Leader: at a place - at the schoolClass/Group: at a place - at the school
Teacher/Leader: in the garden - at the doorClass/Group: in the garden - at the door
Teacher/Leader: Let's meet in a city at a place.Class/Group: Let's meet in a city at a place.
Teacher/Leader: She lives in New York...Class/Group: She lives in New York...
Teacher/Leader: ... and she works at a bank.Class/Group: ... and she works at a bank.
Teacher/Leader: We sleep in our houses ...Class/Group: We sleep in our houses ...
Teacher/Leader: and we meet at the mall.Class/Group: and we meet at the mall.
Teacher/Leader: in, atClass/Group: in, at
Teacher/Leader: in a spaceClass/Group: in a space
Teacher/Leader: at a placeClass/Group: at a place
Some and Any
Teacher/Leader: Some and anyClass/Group: Some and any
Teacher/Leader: There are many ...Class/Group: There are many ...
Teacher/Leader: rules to learn.Class/Group: rules to learn.
Teacher/Leader: We use some...Class/Group: We use some...
Teacher/Leader: in positives.Class/Group: in positives.
Teacher/Leader: There are some books on the table.Class/Group: There are some books on the table.
Teacher/Leader: There is some hay in the stable.Class/Group: There is some hay in the stable.
Teacher/Leader: We have some fun in the sun!Class/Group: We have some fun in the sun!
Teacher/Leader: We have some things here, more than one.Class/Group: We have some things here, more than one.
Teacher/Leader: Now for anyClass/Group: Now for any
Teacher/Leader: with not and in questions.Class/Group: with not and in questions.
Teacher/Leader: Are there any problems?Class/Group: Are there any problems?
Teacher/Leader: We don't have any questions!Class/Group: We don't have any questions!
Teacher/Leader: Some and any is very clear.Class/Group: Some and any is very clear.
Teacher/Leader: Would you like some?Class/Group: Would you like some?
Teacher/Leader: What's that?Class/Group: What's that?
Teacher/Leader: It's an exception!Class/Group: It's an exception!
Teacher/Leader: To the rule!Class/Group: To the rule!
First Conditional - Real Conditional
First Conditional - Real Conditional Sentences
Teacher/Leader: If ... Class/Group: If ...
Teacher/Leader: If he comes ...Class/Group: If he comes ...
Teacher/Leader: If he comes, we will go ...Class/Group: If he comes, we will go ...
Teacher/Leader: If he comes, we will go to the PARTY!Class/Group: If he comes, we will go to the PARTY!
Teacher/Leader: They ...Class/Group: They ...
Teacher/Leader: They will meet us ...Class/Group: They will meet us ...
Teacher/Leader: They will meet us if we all go to the PARTY!Class/Group: They will meet us if we all go to the PARTY!
Teacher/Leader: What ...Class/Group: What ...
Teacher/Leader: What will you do ...Class/Group: What will you do ...
Teacher/Leader: What will you do if she comes ...Class/Group: What will you do if she comes ...
Teacher/Leader: What will you do if she comes to the PARTY?!Class/Group: What will you do if she comes to the PARTY?!
Teacher/Leader: I'll ...Class/Group: I'll ...
Teacher/Leader: I'll say hello ...Class/Group: I'll say hello ...
Teacher/Leader: I'll say hello if she comes ...Class/Group: I'll say hello if she comes ...
Teacher/Leader: I'll say hello if she comes to the PARTY!Class/Group: I'll say hello if she comes to the PARTY!
Second Conditional - Unreal Conditional
Second Conditional - Unreal Conditional Sentences
Teacher/Leader: If ...Class/Group: If ...
Teacher/Leader: If I had ...Class/Group: If I had ...
Teacher/Leader: If I had a brand new car ...Class/Group: If I had a brand new car ...
Teacher/Leader: If I had a brand new car, I'd take you for a drive.Class/Group: If I had a brand new car, I'd take you for a drive.
Teacher/Leader: What about me?Class/Group: What about me?
Teacher/Leader: What ABOUT you?Class/Group: What ABOUT you?
Teacher/Leader: What would you do if you were me?Class/Group: What would you do if you were me?
Teacher/Leader: If ...Class/Group: If ...
Teacher/Leader: If I were you ...Class/Group: If I were you ...
Teacher/Leader: If I were you, I'd study hard!Class/Group: If I were you, I'd study hard!
Teacher/Leader: What would he do ...Class/Group: What would he do ...
Teacher/Leader: What would he do if he were the teacher?Class/Group: What would he do if he were the teacher?
Teacher/Leader: He'd help us all ..Class/Group: He'd help us all ..
Teacher/Leader: He'd help us all if he were the teacher.Class/Group: He'd help us all if he were the teacher.
Teacher/Leader: We'd have a great time ...Class/Group: We'd have a great time ...
Teacher/Leader: We'd have a great time if we went ...Class/Group: We'd have a great time if we went ...
Teacher/Leader: We'd have a great time if we went on a trip!Class/Group: We'd have a great time if we went on a trip!
Third Conditional - Past Unreal Conditional
Third Conditional - Past Unreal Conditional
Teacher/Leader: YesterdayClass/Group: Yesterday
Teacher/Leader: Yesterday, was such a bad day.Class/Group: Yesterday, was such a bad day.
Teacher/Leader: I got in trouble ...Class/Group: I got in trouble...
Teacher/Leader: ... because I laughed in classClass/Group: ... because I laughed in class
Teacher/Leader: If I hadn't laughed, ...Class/Group: If I hadn't laughed, ...
Teacher/Leader: If I hadn't laughed, I would have got ...Class/Group: If I hadn't laughed, I would have got ...
Teacher/Leader: If I hadn't laughed, I would have got an A on my test!Class/Group: If I hadn't laughed, I would have got an A on my test!
Teacher/Leader: I wish I hadn't laughed!Class/Group: I wish I hadn't laughed!
Teacher/Leader: What would he ...Class/Group: What would he ...
Teacher/Leader: What would he have done ...Class/Group: What would he have done ...
Teacher/Leader: What would he have done if he had had the time?Class/Group: What would he have done if he had had the time?
Teacher/Leader: He would have gone ...Class/Group: He would have gone ...
Teacher/Leader: He would have gone to Mexico ...Class/Group: He would have gone to Mexico ...
Teacher/Leader: He would have gone to Mexico ... if he had had the time!Class/Group: He would have gone to Mexico ... if he had had the time!

No comments: